
Today would have been Mike's parent's 37th wedding anniversary. Even though Dick is no longer with us, we went out and celebrated a wonderful joining of two incredible people. We had dinner at Isaacs, so Cheryl could get a lobster (with real butter), and a walk on the waterfront.

I am so thankful for the family life and upbringing that Cheryl and Dick gave Mike. He would not be the man and father he is today, if it were not for his parents. As I watched Mike with Milo tonight, I dreamt of what type of grandfather Dick would have been. The love, laughs, and smiles the two of them would have shared. The longing of seeing those moments has brough tears to my eyes as I write this. I so longed for him to be wih us as we ate and to laugh at his grandson trying to smash a whole dinner roll into his tiny mouth. To share a meal with his wife, put his arm around her in a tender embrace, and whisper the words "I love you".
It is true what they say, that a love can last a life time. I see that in Cheryl everytime we talk about Dick and their life together. What an amazing marriage and what an amazing day 37 years ago!
Thanks Mel - that was very beautiful. Almost had me crying at work! We miss him tons but are so happy with the new blessings of grandchildren that God has given your family since he passed.
ReplyDelete