Seeing pictures of the Thanksgiving Parade in Plymouth, brought up memories or the lack there of from last year. I don't remember much. The things I do remember are snippets of time, a flashing scene in my head that doesn't last long. I looked through photos from last year's parade and don't remember any of that day. I imagine that the snacks that were in my bag were quickly pulled out and eaten. The kids complaining and asking when the parade would start. Maddie sliding down the hill and then crawling back up on her knees, oh that girl of mine. Ha!
The year before, we were all sick with the flu and strep. That Thanksgiving parade day, I vividly remember. Mike and Milo were the only two healthy ones that day. That was to be short lived as they got sick the next day. Last year was Max's first parade. I am sure he enjoyed it. I wish I could remember his expressions and sayings that day. But that lumber jack hat of his sure was the cutest! Mike was so great in taking all the pictures. I am so thankful for that. I complain all the time that he takes too many. But this year, I am more thankful for pictures than I have ever been. They fill in the gaps, those moments I can't recall. They help to heal the void I feel at times.
Oh my girl, you have more sass than sassafras. Always up for an adventure. Look at those grass stained polka dot jeans and glitter boots.



No comments:
Post a Comment