
We have been wanting to go to the local Farmer's Market, so on Saturday we decided no more excuses. We packed the van with strollers, hats, snacks, the kids and our neighbor. I wasn't expecting it to be much since the Farmer's Market here in town is very small. This Market seemed like a cross between a regular Farmer's Market and a Craft Festival.
We had so much fun. They had a wide selection of fresh Florida produce, Farm fresh organic eggs and meat. I picked up two bunches of broccoli and two eggplants for only $5.00. I had just grocery shopped so I didn't need much, but this week I will be doing my produce shopping there. Homemade breads, organic coffees, homemade beef jerky and boiled peanuts, locally grown honey and plants all for sale. There were some food vendors selling ice cream, fish and chips, jamaican food, fresh salsas, plantain chips, dips/spreads, shaved ice,
cupcakes and cake pops. Guess what Milo asked for? They had artists selling their paintings and stained glass work and a muscian playing the guitar and singing. We really had a great time! The best part of the day was the splash pad! The Market is right next to the splash pad and Milo asked if he could go play in the water. Knowing Milo and how he usually gets excited over something and then doesn't want to
do it, I said okay thinking we won't be here long (we have been to the splash pad before and Milo refused to play in the water). Well, I was mistaken. We stayed at the splash pad for about an hour and even little Maddie girl got in on the action. I didn't bring bathing suits, sunscreen, or towels so Milo played in his shorts and Maddie in her diaper. I a tleast brought extra shorts and undies for Milo since he is almost fully potty trained and I wanted to make sure I had extra in case of an accident. We are planning on going back to the Market this weekend and hope to make it a weekly routine in order to save money and support our local farmers.
We had so much fun. They had a wide selection of fresh Florida produce, Farm fresh organic eggs and meat. I picked up two bunches of broccoli and two eggplants for only $5.00. I had just grocery shopped so I didn't need much, but this week I will be doing my produce shopping there. Homemade breads, organic coffees, homemade beef jerky and boiled peanuts, locally grown honey and plants all for sale. There were some food vendors selling ice cream, fish and chips, jamaican food, fresh salsas, plantain chips, dips/spreads, shaved ice,
cupcakes and cake pops. Guess what Milo asked for? They had artists selling their paintings and stained glass work and a muscian playing the guitar and singing. We really had a great time! The best part of the day was the splash pad! The Market is right next to the splash pad and Milo asked if he could go play in the water. Knowing Milo and how he usually gets excited over something and then doesn't want to
do it, I said okay thinking we won't be here long (we have been to the splash pad before and Milo refused to play in the water). Well, I was mistaken. We stayed at the splash pad for about an hour and even little Maddie girl got in on the action. I didn't bring bathing suits, sunscreen, or towels so Milo played in his shorts and Maddie in her diaper. I a tleast brought extra shorts and undies for Milo since he is almost fully potty trained and I wanted to make sure I had extra in case of an accident. We are planning on going back to the Market this weekend and hope to make it a weekly routine in order to save money and support our local farmers.
No comments:
Post a Comment